Our Service Managers report directly to the Company Directors and are responsible for delivering an exceptional Balmers GM aftersales experience for all our customers.
Leading the Burnley depot’s Service Team, you will possess excellent leadership skills, be customer focused and have the ability to juggle a varied and busy workload.
This is a challenging, but rewarding role for the right person. The workload and demands are vast, whether supporting a customer with a service issue, dealing with a complaint or coaching a member of the Service Team – the role will be diverse and exciting.
You will be accountable for the smooth operation of the whole service department and accountable for its performance and quality.
Service Manager duties include:
1. Providing excellent customer service to customers via face to face, telephone and email, whilst carefully understanding their needs.
2. Planning and allocating work for the workshop technicians based on their skills and expertise, ensuring all jobs have job cards and the team have clear instructions for the work required.
3. Directs and assists technicians to ensure repairs are completed correctly, whilst providing support and coaching to team members in undertaking their given tasks.
4. Monitor WIP (Work In Progress) and warranty work to ensure all administrative tasks are kept up to date and WIP is kept to a minimal throughout the year.
5. Ensuring that all health and safety policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
6. Provides regular updates on workshop performance to Company Directors.
7. Undertaking regular workshop meetings, briefings and reviews to ensure effective communication and high levels of employee engagement.
8. Undertakes resource planning to ensure correct staff levels meet current and future demands, including apprentice levels.
9. Actively market and promote the Service Department including all aftersales products and services to ensure a culture of sales through service.
10. Ensuring the workshop and service administrator(s) work is completed to the required standards and in a timely manner including scanners, job cards, invoicing and rotas.
11. Responsible for the special tool inventory and recommends the purchase of new tools as necessary.
12. Maintains good discipline and organisation for the workshop, ensuring it is clean, tidy and safe at all times.
What we’re looking for:
What we offer:
– Salary negotiable depending on experience.
– Full support and career development.
– Contributory pension scheme.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Mr David Balmer
Balmers GM Ltd, Manchester Road, Dunnockshaw, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 5PF
Closing date for applications: 21st August 2020
Trading for over 40 years, Balmers GM have grown to become one of the largest dedicated turf machinery dealers in the UK.
From our depots in Burnley, Lancashire and Wakefield, West Yorkshire, we stock the latest new and used turf machinery for sale or hire from the industry's leading manufacturers, along with a full range of aftermarket solutions; parts, service and finance.