Please fill out the form before submitting
Reset all fields
< Back to the job list
F G Adamson & Son is a major supplier of garden machinery / groundscare equipment in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire, supplying equipment & supporting maintenance & repair services to golf courses, local authorities, caravan parks, contractors, private estates & homeowners. Across our sites at Swanland, East Yorkshire and Langworth, Lincolnshire we currently employ approximately forty- five members of staff and now require to recruit an experienced Parts Employee at our Swanland depot.
Job Description: we require someone to participate in all aspects of the selling of parts within our Parts Department to ensure maximum parts sales, turnover & profitability. A high level of customer satisfaction must be maintained at all times.
- Promotes & sells parts & service to existing & new customers, to meet customer needs, including at the counter, over the telephone & via email / internet.
- Deals with customer queries and process customer orders in a timely manner to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Undertakes parts ordering, paying particular regard to manufacturer discount structures & incentives.
- Verifies correct receipt of incoming shipments & ensures parts are correctly stored in correct locations.
- Follows up on shortages & accelerates issues by reporting to the Parts Manager.
- Despatch goods as per orders – this will include picking / packing of orders & the use of parts look-up systems.
- Undertakes invoicing & other administrative / inventory tasks, including stock-taking and processing cards payments.
- Supply Service Department with parts as required.
- Assists in keeping parts inventory clean, orderly & well organised.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining merchandise displays.
- Executes Parts Marketing Plan & shares ideas for future campaigns.
- Participate in the administration / hand over of the Hire Fleet.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in a Parts Department.
- Ability to use standard computer applications & internet functions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work extended hours & weekends.
- Excellent customer care / relationship skills, with focus on customer satisfaction.
- Excellent attitude, honesty, integrity & professionalism.
F G ADAMSON & SON
Residential & Commercial Products
Type of contract