We have an exciting opportunity at our Melton depot,
for a Full-Time Parts Apprentice to join our expanding Parts Department.
Your apprenticeship teaches you how to manage John Deere’s sophisticated parts systems, run a profitable retail environment, merchandise goods effectively, and understand the value of John Deere products and the importance of selling on quality rather than on price.
In contrast to the Ag Tech and Turf Tech apprenticeships, the John Deere Parts Tech apprenticeship programme is delivered mainly in the workplace, i.e. at the John Deere dealership where you are employed.
Duties of a John Deere Parts Technician Apprentice will consist of:
- Maximising sales potential from both internal and retail customers
- Communicating across the business using a variety of forms including verbal and electronic
- Processing parts orders from internal and retail customers along with processing warranty returns
- Identifying specific components using electronic parts catalogue
- Processing payment transactions
- Supporting the dealer and your colleagues to carry out regular stock taking activities.
- Warehousing activities
- Power Take Off (PTO) and hydraulic hose identification and manufacture
- Marketing activities and promotional campaigns
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship VCQ Level 3 in Parts Operations
No formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn, and a genuine interest in vehicle technology.
You should be;
Technically minded, practical, logical, able to listen, follow instructions and be willing to study, a logical thinker.
Able to work as part of a busy, fast moving team
Training to be provided
With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the John Deere Training Centre, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification.
We are a family run agricultural machinery dealership holding the John Deere franchise, alongside many others including Honda ATV's, Bailey Trailers, Kverneland, Horsch, Dal-Bo, Great Plains, Major, Martin Lishman, McHale, Opico, Spearhead, Sumo, Tracker and Vapormatic.
We operate from our head office at Gonerby Moor, Grantham (just off the A1) and through our four other branches at Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, Stamford Lincolnshire, Lowdham Nottinghamshire and Pytchley Northamptonshire.
Sharmans stock an extensive range of both new and used tractors, combines and agricultural machinery of all makes.