The Dunstall Holdings Group contains two business streams which are involved in agricultural and industrial applications. The Group has 9 different locations in the UK and with a turnover of over £100m employs over 240 people.
Part of the Dunstall Holdings Groups, Rea Valley Tractors (RVT) was established over 30 years ago and is a leading regional agricultural machinery dealer. We supply an extensive range of agricultural machinery throughout Shropshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire and mid Wales and also sell high-quality used equipment across the UK and abroad.
We have four depots in Newport, Shrewsbury, Sudbury and Welshpool. The main franchises that we represent are John Deere, JCB and Kuhn.
The business is undertaking a thorough review of its HR function as we drive to become an employer of choice and we are looking for motivated individuals who will support us on this journey.
The role of HR Manager is a new role for RVT and is especially important given the HR transformation journey we are currently experiencing. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter who can manage a full range of operational HR activities across the RVT Depots in a stand-alone role. There will be opportunities to participate in the HR change programme, supporting both implementation and ongoing change.
RVT is driven by and committed to its Company philosophy of ‘Committed to Service’. We are looking for candidates who are driven to provide service excellence (both internally and externally) while demonstrating our values on a daily basis.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The HR Manager will need to manage all operational HR activities, support business managers and partner with the Interim HR Director to drive change. You will mainly work alone and therefore will need to be comfortable in handling activities on a day to day basis but there are support mechanisms in place to ensure you receive any guidance and support you may need in the role.
This is a particularly significant role due to the growth of the business and the changing strategy for offering an on-site HR service. You will need to be self-sufficient and comfortable challenging the status quo. The role will be supported with a direct reporting line to the Group Finance Director.
DUTES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Employee Life Cycle Management
- Manage activities related to pre on-boarding and on-boarding activities, this would typically include issuing offer letters, contracts, reviewing right to work documents etc
- Administer standard activities related to employee benefits. Respond to any administrative matters concerning benefits from new and current employees. Ensure benefit providers are updated of any employee changes such as new starters, leavers, family changes, salary changes etc.
- Ensure probationary periods are followed up in a timely manner and that the probationary procedure is adhered to. Escalate if additional action is required or any issues identified.
- Be responsible for all voluntary off boarding activities, including the exit interview process and data gathering along with reporting on labour turnover statistics.
- Work with managers to ensure effective resolution of employee relations issues and make recommendations to minimise the re-occurrence of such issues.
- Review and update HR policies and initiatives based upon best practice to ensure local effectiveness and legal compliance across the businesses.
- Review and monitor the appraisal processes
- Maintain the Intranet Site (Share Point) and ensure all HR documentation is up to date and accessible to all
Payroll Management and Benefits Administration
- Prepare and input data for salary payments.
- Work closely with outsourced HR vendors, internal finance and internal stakeholders to ensure the smooth workflow of all payroll related matters.
Governance and Compliance
- Maintain up to date employee records by ensuring that the appropriate records are maintained and in due course created/managed in the new HR system.
- Produce management information from the HR system as requested.
- Prepare documents, presentations and other materials, as requested for internal and external audit requests.
- Support hiring managers by using appropriate resourcing strategies and tools to ensure the effective attraction of high-quality candidates. Participate in interviews where necessary.
- Drive the branding of RVT as an employer of choice via LinkedIn and other suitable networks in partnership with the Marketing team.
- Support the ongoing HR project activity providing input and supporting implementation of new processes/changes
- Support the Group level communication of HR initiatives across the depot’s and drive messaging throughout the organisation
- Support the implementation of a new HR system and be the ‘super user’ for RVT. Aid training and uptake of the new system by supporting managers and employees directly.
Key Internal Relationships
- Group Finance Director
- RVT Management team
- HR Partner at Lift West
- Marketing team
Key External Relationships
- HR Consultant/Interim HRD
- Recruitment agencies
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
Qualifications and experience
- Ideally CIPD qualified
- Comfortable challenging managers/current business practice and supporting/driving change
- Comfortable working in a stand-alone role
Knowledge and technical skills
- Knowledge of HRIM systems would be an advantage
- Member of a professional HR association is desirable
- Technical skills required to use common applications including MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, with advanced knowledge of Word & Excel.
- Solid knowledge of employment law.
- Have an understanding of Data Protection and how this applies to their activities.
- Have an understanding of Equal Opportunities and Ethics practices and how this applies to their activities
- Knowledge of Agriculture Industry would be a distinct advantage but is not essential
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Elinorbrett@dunstallholdings.co.uk