F G Adamson & Son is a major supplier of garden machinery / groundscare equipment in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire, supplying equipment & supporting maintenance & repair services to golf courses, local authorities, caravan parks, contractors, private estates & homeowners. Across our sites at Swanland, East Yorkshire and Langworth, Lincolnshire we currently employ approximately forty-five members of staff and now require to recruit an experienced Mobile Service Technician to work from our Langworth Depot.
Job Description: we require someone to perform diagnostics, service, repair & maintenance on customer and dealer owned, commercial equipment. This will include service / repair of commercial turf cutting / maintenance equipment, compact tractors and utility vehicles from manufacturers, such as John Deere, Charterhouse & Trimax. Work will be predominantly conducted on customer sites, whilst there will also be a requirement to undertake service / repair work in the depot.
The position attracts the use of a van, phone and laptop.
- Perform diagnostics, service, repairs & maintenance on horticultural equipment
- Undertake service & setup of cutting units
- Complete administration tasks for work assignments (including time sheets, job cards, DTAC etc)
- Perform pre-delivery set-up on new or used equipment
- Maintain a clean work station at all times
- Follow all safety rules & regulations when working
- Participate in required training programmes for the development of skills & knowledge
- Mentor apprentices
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience performing service, repairs & maintenance on horticultural equipment
- Ability to perform repairs & maintenance using special tools & equipment following approved technical procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical systems to effect the repair of horticultural equipment
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions and manufacturer applications
- Ability to operate vehicles & equipment used for diagnostic purposes - this will include computer based packages
- Good customer relationship skills
- Ability to work alone on own initiative, whilst also in a team environment – this could be away from the business premises on customer sites
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends